Jan 15, 2006

Today, this nite my thoughts go to you...


DID YOU?

Did you ever think you would spoon with another?

Did you ever crave the touch of my hand before you and I ever met?

Did you feel it in your dream while I was away?

Did you think you’d be mesmerized by a simple stare?

In the depths of your soul, did you sense the day you found love would come this soon

If not today you yearn for, will tomorrow suffice?

How incredibly addicting are lips of your love, please do tell, as I am yet to know a notion as such

I want to spread across the morning sky when the colors are bright beams of light

Did you ever deem to be helpless, afraid and still due to another’s presence?

You do not need to reply, speak or smile…I feel it inside

I feel you when you are not around, I hear you when you are not speaking

Do you know why?

Long after your fingers are gone I feel you sliding their tips down my spine

Sensation lingers for hours and our till our fingers meet again, hand in hand and side by side

You can leave today and I will not be able to cast a single vote to dispel

Written for .... on 6.30.03

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is amazing.
Did you write it?
Was it written for someone special?
I love it.

Lucie said...

It was written for a boy I loved a few years back.

Anonymous said...

It must hurt to still be so emotionally tied to the past, it will hold you back when you try to step to your future.

Lucie said...

T: I just reposted the poem because I thought of this person. It is an old poem. I don't feel this way anymore. It was more like a commemoration and rememberance as I don't have any feelings to write a new one. We are friends. :) But thank you for your comment.