Sep 11, 2006

CREEPER

Could not hear past the grinding of my thoughts
Not yesterday who knows if today will go any different
But one extremely burning thought has risen swiftly
It has yet to fall and retreat to the woods of the unpleasant
Creeper I may name it for its existence is now more than ever
Present and although a future one may never arrive
To demolish what has so soundly been built for months
Can it but take a creeper for a night?
Blank lines, empty sheets and what is bound in between
My pen has not dipped and my inkbottle has dried up
Today I aid to the creeper and just for now
Tomorrow although is it as uncertain as any part of life
It will shine through on me and then on the creeper
That I am and you are and we are one
Creeper dearest I hold you dear today
And welcome you amongst us
Because you are me and within and part of
Never do I ask to withhold any of what has become
Creeper of mine
I ask you humbly to flee
So I can pick up my pen and refill the pages with countless flights
More eloquently you say?
Be gone!
Speak no further and create no delays.

No comments: