Dec 3, 2006

Two Journeys

which way?


To my journey I say come on
To the oracle of choice and future I grant a smile
While there is so much faith in me
There is enormous plight in all I see
In my dreams I speak to the condors of the east
And while awake I follow the eagle’s swiftness
Circular motions, our heads spinning
The past and future come to the same conclusion
Although today the belly in my face is swirling
Swaying my eyes into the depth of my soul
Reaching for thoughts less than admirable
This state between sleep and awake
Eventually it ceases to exist
Much like all else within us and within nature
With the world far from our feet
Shall we replenish or continue the belly dance feasts?
I must agree both are at stake, my mind and the heart that keeps tingling
Until they both unite to save it all in grace.

December 2006

No comments: