Apr 1, 2012

I am looking down, You are looking Up



You are looking up and I am looking down, at you.
One look and I am breathless
I can't but say I love you over and over
Because you are and will be my rock
You fought for me when I could not
You've said the words
When I wasn't old enough
Today I have but one small wish
That you wake up from your dream
And hear me sing:
You've made me who I am
You've cradled me and I thank you
You are and will always remain my lifeline
My equilibrium, my way to know what's right
Boldly and selflessly you have altered my fate
I am here to forever express my gratitude
You are looking up and I am looking down
I'll hold your hand until the ground separates us
And even beyond
Your glowing skin and gentle ways
Cannot escape me
I'll wipe your tears
Don't be afraid
I am here and you can fly,
I am here to set you a flight
Bear no fear my dearest, my queen of hearts
As my heart flutters I caress your forehead
Into what will unfold,
One last time
This morning I heard the birds sing for the first time
This very spring
They welcome you; they open their wings to carry you
Go on in peace, and I shall live to uphold your ways
My light, my prayer, my Abuela.

3-31-12 &  4-1-12

No comments: