Jul 24, 2012

THE S STANDS FOR THE SUN




Light feet, muscles tensed, into a grandstand,

You and I stand proud; we are nothing short of a dream team

To my surprise I can hear all the shuffling you do

Miles away or two feet apart from me.

During the height of a day or in the low of the night.

Run, walk and gallop, again and again, with you atop I loved it all the more,

Green or blue, pastures, beaches or roadways, you and I ran as one till we stole dust!

Till the sweat was all we could feel.

Your braids caressed the wind, and my mane split it in half.

I am behind the rainbow now, looking back.

Knowing my life was grand though cut short.  -- I bear no regrets, none.

I thank you for the blessed times and for the joyous rides.

Fear not, I was always happy, and now you too must be.

Now the S now stands for the Sun.

Keep looking for me, when it’s warm, I am here and I am Smiling.

Nostril to nostril… ears perked; ready to carry you

Past the rainbows and the sun lines.


on 7.23.2012 for Sade and Sammy, the horse.

No comments: