Dec 12, 2009

Awake

Many moons I felt incomplete, felt an itch, an underlying notion,
Creeping into my daily dreams, my nightly thoughts,
This very specific urge to feed into whom I truly must be,
Grow my energy and guide my steps accordingly,
Allow myself to fly over the open water without fear,
Over fire fields that swallowed trees and turned ground black,
Over water that is wild and unhinged and unafraid to crash against a rock.

Connecting what is a dream and what is not,
Piecing the real and the imaginative making a necklace to wear, full of rough-edged stones,
Colorless, blowing in the dark, blinding colors!
There and here lay stocks of books, overflowing with inspiration
Full of outlived dreams, that created the world I know and the world I aspire
With a small tribute to a man,
I now walk into the wild, the wilderness of my soul.


12-12-09



No comments: