Dec 23, 2009

THE TWIN EVIL EYE AND A BAG OF RICE (2004)





I buried my mother today

How could I

Or why haven't I

Fireworks went up high into the sky

Red White and Blue ones

There goes a red one with a gold star

I have done it so many times over

I have carried my wounds and hers over plantains of rice

Till this very moment

The twin evil eye has not left me

For even a split second in time

I wake up in the morning and

It's lurking from underneath my pillow

When I laid my head next to the fire,

The one I was told to name

Over there in the Greater land of Japan,

I'd roll over closer

Hoping the evil eye would take a hint, hike

Would be crushed by the sound of the bullets

Riding the waves of air above my head

How wrong was I

How illicitly pretentious it all was

I sit quietly at the dinner table

Hearing my sister talking in her crib

Incorporating the baby lingo

To communicate with this senseless planet

I have no grasp of fear tonight

Not even the evil eye

I crawled through the basement in the dark,

Searching for the light through the door's crack

In attempts to decipher what occupied my plate

I sit and I hear a mad woman scream,

There is no sight of her, yet her voice carries

The roar of the lion of the Serengeti

There are objects of all kind flying above my head

While I consume my meal

Where is my partner in crime I wonder?

If the day after tonight does not arrive

I desire no mercy during my fight

I will stalk, run after, twist and explode the twin's eye

I will slam it over with my big bag of rice

Let the grains reach the floor in all the rooms,

Choke and burry alive the twin evil eye

I too, will be dismantled across the living room floor

My blood will spill and leave my veins,

I will certainly die and when I return

I will look across the light, awfully quiet room

And stare at the twin

There it floats above the sink

The evil eye holding a bag of rice.

Dedicated to the boy from Michigan who believed in Karma

.To SDW by LT on Friday Feb 13,2004

No comments: